Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sneak Peek: Cleveland Park's New Medium Rare Menu

I just walked by the cozy new Medium Rare space at Connecticut and Ordway and peeked inside. The exposed brick walls and cafe tables scream French bistro and the menus I saw on one of the tables reinforced it.

I had heard that Medium Rare was going to do steak frites and steak frites only, but part of me didn't believe it (maybe the part that doesn't really eat steak.) But, the menus show Rustic Bread, Salad and Steak Frites for a grand total of $19.99. Not half bad and I expect the steak lovers to flock.

For the rest of us, I hope they cobble together some sort of kick ass sides combo like Hank's Oyster Bar's market plate.

When it comes to dessert, Medium Rare won't be a one trick pony. I spied chocolate cake, ice cream sundae, carrot cake and cheesecake on the docket

So, what do you think, will DC support a single item menu? When it's the vision of Michel Richard, Brian Zipin and Mark Bucher, I suspect the answer will be yes.

Medium Rare is located at 3500 Connecticut Avenue NW, immediately outside of the Cleveland Park Metro stop. We Cleveland Park residents urge you to take Metro to this new hot spot as it's combat parking out there already! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment