Monday, August 8, 2011

Ladies Who Lunch at Indique

I met my friend McCealaig for lunch last week and we had such a nice meal at Indique, I just had to share it with you all. I normally think of Indique for dinner, but during lunch it's got gorgeous light streaming through the windows and is more intimate for catching up on all of the girl gossip!

 When I arrived, I had a Pink Martini waiting for me and the first course had been ordered. (See, this is why it's great to have foodie friends that take control!)

The first thing that arrived were these adorable little crab cones. OK, that's what I called them, they are really called Crab Papad Roll and use Maryland crab with shallots, chiles and coconut, all wrapped up in a papery thin cone!

Crab Papad Roll (photo: Tammy Gordon)
 Next, we had the Mini Oothapam, a savory pancake with ground lentils and rice.  You can get a vegetarian version or one with chicken, both served with chutneys and side dips!
(photo: Tammy Gordon)
For my entree, I chose the Tamilnad Fish Curry, prepared with hearty fish fillets, fenugreek, onions, tomato and tamarind.
(photo: Tammy Gordon)
I had been tweeting up a storm, as I often do, and Chef K.N. Vinod must have seen it because all of the sudden this amazing pastry with a honey and ice cream side showed up on the house. Well, huge thanks chef, because we're now going to have to add this to our regular order!
(photo: Tammy Gordon)
You can follow Indique on Facebook, follow Chef Vinod on Twitter and read his blog.

Indique is located at 3512 Connecticut Avenue NW, right at the feet of Cleveland Park Metro.

PS. Don't miss half-price wine bottles on Sundays!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! you take good pictures and I love Indique food. Usually Indique Heights in Friendship Heights is my hangout because it is closer to me ;)

    ReplyDelete