Saturday, March 17, 2012

First Visit: Brunch at St. Arnold's in Cleveland Park

It's so gorgeous in Cleveland Park today, we just had to get outside for brunch! The plan was to scale the steps and take up residence on the CPBG roofdeck, but on the way I saw the patio doors rolled up at St. Arnold's and got excited that the brunch I'd enjoyed in Dupont Circle had finally hit our hood.

We scored a (basically) outdoor table that still had a view of March Madness behind the bar and settled in. I've been sick, so I stuck with the water and coffee but my Dad gave the bloody mary a thumbs up.

En route, my brother texted me the question you might be thinking, "Is it all mussels or is there brunch stuff?" A: Good God there is brunch stuff.

I had "The Drug Opera"- a grilled ham and Gruyere cheese sandwich topped with a fried egg and bechemel sauce. Yeah, I think my appetite is back.
The Drug Opera
My Mom opted for the Belgian Liege Waffle with fresh berries and whipped cream. [Note: You can also select Nutella which makes everything more awesome.]
Belgian Liege Waffle with Fresh Berries and Whipped Cream
Dad went full on meat and got the Full English Breakfast with eggs, bangers, black and white pudding, grilled tomato, mushrooms and more.

Full English Breakfast
There's a ton more to try, including the Waffle Waterzooi (a chicken stew over waffle... Their take on chicken & waffles) and the Waffle Burger (see below).


St. Arnold's is located at 3433 Connecticut Avenue at Ordway Street NW in Cleveland Park. It's right across the street from the Cleveland Park Metro stop and also right across from the L2 and L4 bus stops. (The patio side entrance is on Ordway, but there is also an entrance on Connecticut to the "Underground" bar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment