Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sugar Magnolia: New Kid on the Block

Have you tried out the new Sugar Magnolia bakery and takeaway at Ripple?

They are known for their seasonal, homemade ice cream sandwiches, but today I stopped in to pick up a late lunch. They were sold out of the sandwiches with meat or fish, so I tried the veggie which was on fresh bread with cheese, veggies and a black eyed pea hummus. I paired it with the local potato salad.

Veggie Sandwich and Local Potato Salad from Sugar Magnolia (photo: Tammy Gordon)

I'm excited to go back for sweets, especially the bacon sugar pecans! Try it and let me know what you think.

Sugar Magnolia is located at 3417 Connecticut Avenue NW (in between Macomb and Ordway), a half block south of Cleveland Park Metro stop. The bakery is located in the front of local source restaurant, Ripple.

No comments:

Post a Comment